16 Agu 2019
Contest Topic: 'Symbiosis of Man and Nature'
Having our own particular history and natural environment in each provinces, architecture and cities in Asia have created numerous diversified culture to show how to live with the nature. Yet, in the 20th century, overwhelming progress of science and technology urged human-being to conquer nature. And it caused the destruction of natural environments as well as the flattening of uniqueness of the region, under the name of globalization.
Thus we expect creative and remarkable works of students aiming at a new vision for 'Symbiosis of Man and Nature' of 21st century.
The contest is open to architecture students at undergraduate and graduate levels except for final-year students as of November 2019, enrolled in universities in Asian countries and regions.
- Entries must be works by assignment given or had been given in your university. You can use either an assignment in 2019 or an assignment in the past.
- Entries to the contest must be original works that have not been previously published or submitted to any other competitions.
- Entries must be individual works. Collective works are not allowed to submit.
- Entries should be a project made as coursework at universities.
- Participants should be on their 3rd-year level (maximum).
- Design concept
- Diagrams that explain the issue, site, activity program and the design solution.
- The concept should be explained in a visual way, such as: site plan, layout plan, elevations, sections, exterior and/or interior perspectives, and architectural detail
- Participants are allowed to add other drawings to support the design concept
- The drawings should be scalatic (bar scale is allowed)
- The products have to be presented digitally.
- Participants are not allowed to state any kind of identity in the panel
- Projects must be presented in English
- All projects will be submitted online as a file with terms of:
- - paper size: A3 (portrait or landscape)
- - maximum 2 pages
- The copyright of the projects belongs to the participants
- Best 25 projects will be exhibited at the final round on 12th of September 2019 and published on rookies’ award instagram and its media partner
- The judges’ and committees’ decisions are absolute.
Projects are submitted via e-mail to : email@example.com with the terms of:
- Softcopy PDF with the minimal resolution of 300dpi
- Subject : DOMESTICCONTESTACARA_NAME_UNIVERSITY
Project Submission Deadline : 23rd of August 2019
First Judging Round : 29th of August 2019
Top 25 Announcement : 29th of August 2019
Top 10 Announcement and Presentation of the finalists : 12th of September 2019
The Winners Announcement : 12th of September 2019
- Yongil Lee - President of Asia United Architecture Association
- Rudy Kelana - Wahana Architects
- Ketut Arthana - Arte Architect & Associates
1st place : Rp. 5.000.000 + Certificate
2nd place : Rp. 3.000.000 + Certificate
3rd place : Rp, 2.000.000 + Certificate
Favorite Project : Prize + Certificate
*voting will be held offline and online waiting further notice
Instagram : @rookiesaward.id
Website : bit.ly/rookieaward2019petra
NAME : Sylviana Putri
PHONE NUMBER : 0878-5400-6801
Line ID: sylviana_92
CONGRATULATION TO TOP 20 FINALISTS..
- RA 001
- RA 008
- RA 010
- RA 013
- RA 014
- RA 018
- RA 020
- RA 022
- RA 026
- RA 043
- RA 044
- RA 045
- RA 047
- RA 051
- RA 056
- RA 059
- RA 060
- RA 061
- RA 065
- RA 066
Win the favourite project by liking the post of your favourite project on instagram @rookiesaward.id